Ok so Amy tagged me for this meme the other day. You have to write a blog about 10 odd, facts or habits about yourself. Then tag 10 people and visit there comments and tell them they’ve been tagged… I’ll just let those who choose to, consider themselves “tagged.”
1. I have been a science fiction fan for as long as I can remember. It probably stemmed from my father, since I watched whatever he did. This was mainly science fiction, action, and kung fu shows.
2. On the other hand, there are very few dramas that I like. If the point of the movie is to make you think, cry, or feel sorry for someone; I’m not going to like it. And I’m going to absolutely hate it if it doesn’t have a happy ending. Titanic? Hated it.
3. I’m 6′ tall. I take after my father, who’s 6’2″. I remember when I was in high school, finally realizing that my father wasn’t the average height for a man. I was disappointed, to say the least.
4. For as tall as I am, I’m extremely afraid of heights. Anything past the third rung of a stepladder creeps me out. I love flying though.
5. I was a volunteer (unpaid) junior high youth pastor for a couple years. I began on my masters in youth ministry last year, but am presently taking a break from it. I hope to finish eventually.
6. I love singing. I used to travel quite a bit in college with my university chorale. Now, I only sing in church.
7. I never took a speech class. Ever. I was extremely quiet and shy in school. And somehow I got away with taking an extra foreign studies course instead of having to take speech in college! That’s right. I don’t mind singing in front of a large congregation. But I was deathly afraid of speaking in front of a small classroom.
8. Being in front of teenagers is the exception to the above. Or maybe I’ve just gotten used to it. Around teenagers, I can be loud, silly, and act like a kid. Around everyone else, I’m laid back and quiet.
9. I started drawing portraits in sixth grade. I was totally self-taught. I went to a small Christian school, where there was only one Art class option. As a sophomore in high school, I took a Saturday Portrait Drawing class from a nearby art school, taught by college students. When my teacher saw my work during one of my first couple classes, he told me that he didn’t think he could teach me anything. I had already developed my own style, and gone past his level of expertise. (Personally, I just don’t think that student/teacher was very good.) Thankfully, in college, I was able to learn a lot more from my art professors.
10. I have to sleep with a fan on. And if I hear any other sound, I won’t be able to sleep. If I’m somewhere without a fan, I can’t sleep. At all. It doesn’t matter if there’s complete silence in the room. I have to have background fan noise.