Since I had so much fun doing last week’s 13 Things I Learned from Watching Star Wars, here’s my list for Classic BSG…
1. Nepotism. You can do anything you set your mind to, as long as your dad is the Commander.
2. A Cylon’s greatest weapon? Blinding you.
3. Kids can bounce back from a dead pet. Just make them a new one that moves slower than my grandma, with a mechanical bark that sounds like it’s coming from a tin can! Nothing is cooler than that.
4. You’re never too young to start gambling.
5. Borellian Nomen could, quite possibly, be the missing link.
6. Capes never go out of style.
7. Before he wished that he had Jessie’s girl, Rick Springfield probably wished that his role lasted longer than five minutes into the film.
8. Going from popular westerns, to commander, to finally Alpo dog food commercials doesn’t seem like a great way to end a career.
9. Don’t con a con man.
10. Marriages in space generally don’t last very long. But mainly because of the death toll, not divorce.
Don’t worry though, Boxey will forget his dead mother by the next episode.
11. The bad guys weren’t half as creepy as the entertainment.
12. The game of Triad? It’s a cross between basketball and Ring-Around-the-Rosy. Or maybe it’s just an excuse to see Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer in bikini underwear.
13. You can go from being a prostitute to a nurse in no time at all.