Farscape: The Complete Series Blu-Ray Edition releases today – November 15, 2011.
Astronaut John Crichton traveled through a wormhole and found himself lost in a distant galaxy. Crichton arrives in the middle of a prison break from the Peacekeepers, a malevolent, human-like race. Traveling with a variety of alien escapees (designed by the Jim Henson’s Creature Shop) on a living ship named Moya, Crichton tries to find a way home.
This cult classic lasted four seasons, with a total of 88 episodes, is now available on blu-ray for the first time. And this highly imaginative science fiction series has never looked better. This new edition includes all of the special features of the previous DVD release along with a brand new documentary.
Action-packed, with fantastic characters, plenty of quirky humor, romance, and drama – this beloved series certainly lives up to its reputation. Fans will not want to miss this long-awaited release.
The Blu-Ray Edition Includes:
• 20 Blu-ray discs featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), remastered from the highest quality source material available
• Collectible packaging featuring all-new series artwork
• 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe;“Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
• A BRAND-NEW documentary – Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey Explored featuring revealing new interviews with the cast and creators.
• Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
• Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
• Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
• Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
• Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
• Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
• Original TV promos and trailers