I got tagged for this meme by Christine:
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been tagged by ShilohÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re tagged, and to read your blog.
Just stumbled across this one, and I added some questions of my own.
A book that made you cry: The Notebook, by Nicolas Sparks. I read this over a lunch break. I had to stop reading after every other page because I couldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t keep from crying. I was afraid people at work would think something was wrong.
A book that scared you: I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t think of a book that ever scared me. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve read quite a few horror books, but none actually scared me.
A book that made you laugh: Undead and Unwed, by MaryJanice Davidson. A 30 year-old, 6-foot, blonde vampire, with a love for shoes, who thinks blood is disgustingÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ I can definitely relate to the Betsy, except for the whole vampire thing. And this series continues to get better with each book. I love MJÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sense of humor!
Christine tagged me to reveal five things I obsess over:
1. Books – I’m a reading fiend, but I also have to buy almost every book I read. Since I enjoy more than 90% of them, I usually don’t mind this obession. And I rarely ever buy at cover price. Amazon, Bookcloseouts, Borders, Half-Price Books, SFBC, Zooba… I do my part to keep them all in business.
2. Favorite TV Shows – Like Christine, I could have put Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis) down. I’ve seen every episode of both series. And have all but the latest seasons on DVD. But I’m like this with several other shows… Quantum Leap, Remington Steele, Dead Zone, The 4400, etc. Even if I’ve seen every episode, I have to buy the DVD sets too. More than likely, I’ll rewatch them, but I definitely spend more than I should.
The meme I’ve been tagged for, by Ron says to post 7 songs that you are currently into and tag 7 others. Those who want to play can consider themselves tagged. I know, I’m lazy.
1. You Know My Name, by Chris Cornell from Casino Royale titles. – I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count. I’m only upset that the movie soundtrack doesn’t have this song on it.
Vicky gave me 5 questions as a short interview meme:
1. Why SciFi?
Why not? No, really, the person who got me watching scifi was my father. I watched whatever he watched, whether it be science fiction or kung fu movies. The tables have turned now that I’m an adult, and he doesn’t have cable. I tape our favorite shows for him and pass along books that I know he’ll like. My mother thinks we’re both crazy.
2. You read a bazillion books (I don’t exaggerate) what one has been your absolute favourite and why?
My all-time favorite actually isn’t science fiction. I know, shocking. But it is the Count of Monte Cristo, by Dumas. I don’t know of any other book that has affected me as much. The beautiful writing and the heart-breaking story. My favorite part is when he’s with the old priest in prison. When the Count tells the old man that he doesn’t believe in God anymore, the old priest says, “That doesn’t matter. He believes in you.”
The Last Mimzy trailer below:
Continue reading Seeing Any Good Movies This Weekend?