As the year comes to a close, here are my lists of favorite books published this past year, for both adults and youth/children.
Top 10 SciFi/Fantasy Books:
1. Touch of Twilight, by Vicki Pettersson
2. Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls, by David Mack
3. Child of a Dead God, by Barb and J.C. Hendee
4. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
5. Dragonforge, by James Maxey
6. Goblin War, by Jim C. Hines
7. Dead To Me, by Anton Strout
8. Deja Demon, by Julie Kenner
9. Rogue Angel: Gabriel’s Horn, by “Alex Archer”/Mel Odom
10. Small Favor, by Jim Butcher
– If I was including reprints (hardback to paperback) in 2008, Star Trek: The Academy: Collision Course, by William Shatner, Garfield and Judith Reeves-Stevens and The Last Days of Krypton, by Kevin J. Anderson
would have certainly be on the list as well.
Because of the number of wonderful young adult and children’s book released this year, I decided to do a separate list.
Youth/Children’s Top 10 List:
1. Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague, by Brandon Mull
2. Vampirates: Blood Captain, by Justin Somper
3. Ranger’s Apprentice: The Battle for Skandia, by John Flanagan
4. The Youngest Templar: Keeper of the Grail, by Michael P. Spradlin
5. Pillage, by Obert Skye
6. Breaking Dawn, by Stephanie Meyer
7. The Stowaway: Stone of Tymora, by R.A. and Geno Salvatore
8. City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare
9. Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini
10. Ranger’s Apprentice: The Sorcerer of the North, by John Flanagan
-Stephenie Meyer made both lists.
-John Flanagan placed on the youth/children’s list twice.
-Anton Strout was the only debut author that made the list.
-15 of the 20 novels are sequels in a series.
-3 novels are first in a new series.
-2 novels are stand alone.
Click here to view titles read in 2008.
Click here to view last year’s picks.
What were some of your favorites?