I thought I’d kill 2 birds with one stone today, to incorporate Thursday Thirteen and a book review. Thankfully, there were 13 short stories in the copy of L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume XXIII. The people at Galaxy Press were kind enough to send me a review copy.
Each story is very unique and entertaining, by several new talented writers. And each story is accompanied by wonderful illustrations by various artists as well. Here is a list of the short stories along with a little blurb about each:
1. Primetime – by Douglas Texter
Reality TV travels through time.
Continue reading 13 Science Fiction Short Stories
1. http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/9722 – Every Trek fan needs one of these shirts.
2. http://www.vuze.com/channel/sanctuary – Stargate actors star in new web series.
Continue reading 13 Random SciFi Links
I’ve shared 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Star Wars , 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Battlestar Galactica, and 13 Things I Learned From Watching Quantum Leap in the past. Here are 13 Things I Learned From Watching Star Trek:
1. No one stays dead forever. Unfortunately.
2. Don’t ever wear a red shirt on an away mission.
3. Tribbles are the perfect pet. No head, no rear end, and no waste. Low maintenance. That’s my kind of pet.
Continue reading 13 Things I Learned From Watching Star Trek
It’s Thursday again, and I didn’t have time to pull together a decent TT this week. But I’ve had a lot of fun compiling over 35 lists so far. So, here are 13 of my favorite TT lists from the past:
1. My LEAST Favorite Aliens
2. 13 Things I Learned From Watching Star Wars
3. 13 Great Science Fiction Villains
Continue reading Favorite Thursdays
I’ve shared 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Star Wars and 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Battlestar Galactica. Now, I give you 13 Things I Learned From Watching Quantum Leap:
1. When married, “Swiss Cheese memory” is very convenient.
2. Sam will eventually fix everything.
3. Between the two of them, Sam and Al had the knowledge and skill of, literally, everyone on the planet.
Continue reading 13 Things I Learned From Watching Quantum Leap
Since I had so much fun doing last week’s 13 Things I Learned from Watching Star Wars, here’s my list for Classic BSG…
1. Nepotism. You can do anything you set your mind to, as long as your dad is the Commander.
2. A Cylon’s greatest weapon? Blinding you.
3. Kids can bounce back from a dead pet. Just make them a new one that moves slower than my grandma, with a mechanical bark that sounds like it’s coming from a tin can! Nothing is cooler than that.
Continue reading 13 Things I Learned From Watching Battlestar Galactica
1. Make sure you know your family tree before kissing a boy on the mouth.
2. Collect the toys as a child, and you’ll make lot’s of boyfriends. As an adult, it’d probably still work for a certain crowd… but I’ll pass.
3. Very old Jedi Masters, whom are supposedly very wise and speak English for many years, still can’t grasp basic grammar.
Continue reading 13 Things I Learned From Watching Star Wars
Marty McFly (from Back to the Future) – Stuck back in 1955, Marty unknowingly alters his future. Easily, one of my favorite movies of all time.
Memorable Quote: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah… Are you telling me you built a time machine… out of a DeLorean?
Continue reading 13 Favorite Time Travelers