Last week I gave you my favorite aliens from favorite shows. Now, here is a list of top 13 aliens that I despise.
I saw this pic to the right and just had to show it!
1 – Jar Jar Binks (from Star Wars) – I don’t think any explanation is needed. Everyone agrees. Me-so want to hurt him.
2 – Jabba the Hut (from Star Wars) – Fat and disgusting, I can quite easily say that he’s been my least favorite since I was a child.
3 – Mac (from Mac and Me) – He was just a bad rip-off of ET. A really creepy-looking ET.
Continue reading My LEAST Favorite Aliens
This one was really hard to narrow down. But here are my 13 favorite aliens from my favorite shows:
1. Superman – Big Blue has to top the list in pretty much everything for me. But when an alien from another planet decides to make Earth his home and defend it with his life. That’s worth the top spot right there.
2. E.T. – Gentle and peaceful, E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial, is probably the most beloved little alien amongst children. He came to Earth to study plant life, and gets help from a little boy to “phone home.”
3. Spock (from Star Trek) – Leonard Nimoy made this emotionless Vulcan scientist and explorer an icon decades ago. I shudder to think what another actor will do to the role in the upcoming Star Trek movie.
Continue reading My Favorite Aliens
Here are 13 of my favorite quotes from the classic movie, Ghostbusters.
1. Dr. Peter Venkman: He slimed me.
2. Janine Melnitz: Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
3. Dr Ray Stantz: Listen! Do you smell something?
Continue reading 13 Great Quotes from Ghostbusters
Here’s my list of the 13 Best Starship Pilots:
1. Han Solo (from Star Wars) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Easily the best pilot, and he knows it. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d include Luke too for his X-Wing flying, but he uses The Force. IsnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t that cheating? Would he actually be as good a pilot if he didn’t use The Force?
2. Wash (from Serenity/Firefly) – Joss Whedon created a loveable, funny character in Wash. Then, he killed him.
Oops. That was a spoiler.
Can you tell it upset me?
Continue reading The Best Pilots in the Galaxy
We all know that 42 is THE ANSWER to Ultimate Question of Life. Or at least, those of us who have read or watching Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
But here are 13 questions that 42 is also the answer to:
1. How many teeth do wolves and dogs (canines) have?
2. The planet Uranus’ north and south poles face the sun how many years before switching?
3. How many lines are there on each page of the Gutenberg Bible, the first and oldest surviving book printed with movable type?
Continue reading 42 Is the Answer
Here it is. I never agree with any of the “definitive lists” out there. So this is simply a list of those that are near and dear. And since it’s Thursday Thirteen, I’m listing just that strange number. This may be one of my last 13’s, as I’d rather do Top Tens.
Feel free to post some of your own top picks.
And wow, for once, there aren’t any fantasy books in a list of science fiction novels.
1. Area 51 series, by Robert Doherty – How much do I love this series? It has to be number one. I’m disappointed that Doherty seems to have stopped writing them. They read like you’re watching a movie, plenty of suspense and colorful descriptions.
2. The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells – I have a large book of Wells’ greatest stories. This one has to be my favorite, followed closely by The Invisible Man, War of the Worlds, and The Island of Doctor Moreau.
3. Out of the Silent Planet (and the rest of the Space Trilogy), by C.S. Lewis – I love this series almost as much as his Narnia books, which top my list of top fantasy picks.
Continue reading 13 of SciFiChick’s Favorite SciFi Novels
Celebrating the release of Casino Royale this past Tuesday, here are 13 Reasons Daniel Craig is now the Best Bond:
1. He has the best build for someone who’s supposed to be good at fighting. He’s actually believable as a spy.
2. He had to overcome a lot of suspicion that he’d be a decent Bond. He’s blond and not a pretty-boy. And everyone ended up being more than surprised (me included) and loving him.
3. He’s the only straight man that can pull-off wearing a Speedo.
Continue reading Reasons Daniel Craig is the Best. Bond. Ever.
HeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s played Hamlet and a captain of a space ship. But here are 13 roles that Patrick Stewart has played just within the science fiction and fantasy genres.
*Note Ã¢â‚¬â€œ IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not recommending all of these. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s just a list. Click on the links for more information.
Continue reading 13 Faces of Patrick Stewart