As a new and different comedy/law show/fantasy from ABC, Eli Stone has surprisingly become a fast favorite of mine. The premise: Eli Stone is a lawyer who begins having hallucinations. The hallucinations are the result of a brain aneurysm. But the hallucinations are strangely symbolic and seem to be coming from God. Eli is a reluctant prophet whose life gets turned upside down, but begins to change for the better.
So without further ado, here are 13 Reasons to Watch Eli Stone:
1. George Michael songs. Most of Eli’s hallucinations revolve around some of George’s best songs.
2. Jonny Lee Miller – Couldn’t have been better cast. Superb acting.
3. It’s funny. Singing and dancing and slaying dragons? Poor Eli finds himself unable to distinguish his visions from reality until after the fact.
4. Each episode has a message. And it’s always touching.
5. There’s a love triangle blooming.
6. The ex-fiancé – She’s gorgeous and wants to stay with Eli even after hearing about his fatal disease.
7. The perky, newbie lawyer – She’s Eli’s positive influence who starts his life on the road to change.
8. The spunky assistant – Often the source of humor for the show and loves to torture Eli’s ex-fiancé.
9. The brother – Eli’s brother is a doctor who first discovers his aneurysm.
10. The boss – Who just happens to be his ex-fiancé’s father. Oops.
11. The acupuncturist – He’s the one who first believes that Eli is a prophet. And that he needs to explore his visions (hallucinations) to discover their meaning.
12. The father – Eli’s brain aneurysm was genetic. And it seems that Eli’s father’s hallucinations weren’t simply hallucinations either…
13. It airs immediately following Lost. Don’t let this one die like Invasion did. Be sure to tune in!