Celebrating the release of Casino Royale this past Tuesday, here are 13 Reasons Daniel Craig is now the Best Bond:
1. He has the best build for someone who’s supposed to be good at fighting. He’s actually believable as a spy.
2. He had to overcome a lot of suspicion that he’d be a decent Bond. He’s blond and not a pretty-boy. And everyone ended up being more than surprised (me included) and loving him.
3. He’s the only straight man that can pull-off wearing a Speedo.
4. He doesn’t need fancy, high-tech gadgets to get the job done.
5. The man gets poisoned, stabs himself in the neck with a syringe, goes into cardiac arrest, gets electro-shocked back, and gets right back up to face the bad guy! I’m sorry, but no other actor could have pulled that one off either.
6. He laughs while being tortured.
7. He keeps up with Africa’s version of Spider-Man.
8. We get to see his character develop over the course of the movie, how he becomes the hardened Bond we know him to be.
10. No cheesy puns. One of my least favorite parts about the last couple Bond movies.
11. He certainly fills out a tuxedo nicely.
12. Craig embodies the Bond from Ian Fleming’s original novels. Casino Royale has gotten back to its roots.
13. After watching Casino Royale, I have to confess that Craig is the hottest Bond. Sorry, Sean Connery. You’ve just been pushed to 2nd place. And I never thought it’d happen. But you just can’t beat those baby blues.