Christine tagged me to reveal five things I obsess over:
1. Books – I’m a reading fiend, but I also have to buy almost every book I read. Since I enjoy more than 90% of them, I usually don’t mind this obession. And I rarely ever buy at cover price. Amazon, Bookcloseouts, Borders, Half-Price Books, SFBC, Zooba… I do my part to keep them all in business.
2. Favorite TV Shows – Like Christine, I could have put Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis) down. I’ve seen every episode of both series. And have all but the latest seasons on DVD. But I’m like this with several other shows… Quantum Leap, Remington Steele, Dead Zone, The 4400, etc. Even if I’ve seen every episode, I have to buy the DVD sets too. More than likely, I’ll rewatch them, but I definitely spend more than I should.
3. Planning vacations – I love packing a week ahead of time. I have what I’m going to wear all planned out for each day, down to the shoes. I also make lists of everything I need to pack, so I don’t forget anything. Which I more than likely will anyway. I’ll forget to add something to the list. Once I actually get there, I won’t feel so stressed. But the night before, I won’t get any sleep… just feeling anxious and excited.
4. My website/email – At work I find myself checking these way too often. It may just be when I’m bored. Maybe I just need the break from answering difficult proposal questions (part of my job). Since I rarely check the website and email when I’m home in the evenings and weekends, I’m not too worried though.
5. My skin – Not just my complexion. But I’ll obsess over the tiniest mark on my skin. Hoping I’m not getting any age spots or wrinkles yet. You know, especially since I just turned 30… 😛