Adrift in space with no food or water, Tony Stark sends a message to Pepper Potts as his oxygen supply starts to dwindle. Meanwhile, the remaining Avengers – Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner – must figure out a way to bring back their vanquished allies for an epic showdown with Thanos – the evil demigod who decimated the planet and the universe.
Marvel films, especially the Avengers, have culminated to this film. Infinity War left off in possibly the biggest cliffhanger ever – with half of the universe turned to dust. Now, the original Avengers, War Machine, Captain Marvel, Rocket, and Nebula decide to go after Thanos and use the Infinity Stones to bring everyone back. But things (obviously) don’t go as planned.
While this film has an insanely large cast of characters, the main story predominantly focuses on the original Avengers – their lives post-snap and their search for a way to undo what Thanos did. Some stay the course, some lose themselves, and some just decide to move on. It’s intriguing and heartbreaking. At 3 hours long, it seems like there would be slow times. But it actually felt crammed full of action, suspense, drama, and still plenty of humor. The surprising timeline builds to an epic final battle and a sweet, heartwarming tribute with a wonderful send-off to some beloved characters. This is a superhero movie worth watching over and over.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
• Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
• Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
• Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
• A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
• Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
• The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
• The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
• Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
• Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
• Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
• Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
• Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.