About the movie:
Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is available on Digital retailers now, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on August 1. Fans can add the film to their collection and access exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a gag reel and audio commentary by James Gunn.
In Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, our beloved band of misfits is looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), still reeling from a terrible loss, must rally his team and embark on a dicey, action-packed mission to defend the universe and protect Rocket. Meanwhile, a new, unpredictable force threatens to bring the Guardians down for good. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is written and directed by James Gunn.
1. The Imperfect, Perfect Family – View the evolution of the Guardians through the cast and crew’s passion for each other and the entire franchise. Join this tight knit “found family” as they leave behind a legacy and recount their best memories wrapping up this epic trilogy’s final film.
2. Creating Rocket Raccoon – Director James Gunn talks about bringing Rocket to life and how personal the character is to him. Uncover BTS footage, the research and development of the visual effects process, and the inspiration for Rocket through conversations with cast and crew.
1. A Bit Much – Adam Warlock explains to Ayesha what he plans to do with the Guardians.
2. A Lending Hand – Peter lends a hand to an injured humanimal on Counter-Earth and shows he means no harm.
3. Drax’s Analogies and Metaphors – Drax gives Peter some interesting life analogies and metaphors.
4. The Perfect Society – The High Evolutionary reveals his mission to perfect the universe.
5. The Search for 89P13 – Behemoth brings not-so-good news to The High Evolutionary.
6. Annoyed Peter – Peter gets annoyed while altering the shield.
7. A Burning Escape – Peter runs back to grab his music player before escaping a blazing inferno on the Arête.
8. Knowhere After the Battle – The High Evolutionary is brought back to Knowhere and locked up while Kraglin recruits Adam Warlock.
9. Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
10. Watch the film with audio commentary by director James Gunn.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is a wonderful send-off for the members of this superhero team. The story of this adventure focuses mainly on Rocket – his backstory and how it leads to their current predicament. While the flashbacks are very hard to watch for animal lovers, thankfully it’s not graphic – but highly emotional at times. The present-day Guardians are just as fun as ever – action-packed and full of humor. Apart, they probably wouldn’t be successful heroes (or Ravagers), but they’re all better together. And I loved the path each character chose at the end. This was a fantastic roller coaster of feelings, thrills, and an exciting, unforgettable story. It actually demands a rewatch.