With so many tacky costumes from the early years, this list was a lot of fun to assemble.
1. Cyclops – Those over-the-head hoods with attached goggles are anything but attractive.
2. Banshee – This should be at the top of any costume no-no. In any fight, DO NOT wear a giant bull’s-eye-target, unless you want to get yourself killed.
3. Storm – Flock of Seagulls fan?
4. Beast – Bikini briefs on someone this hairy?
5. Angel/Archangel – Save it for the disco, man.
6. Jean Gray – Marvel Girl or Batgirl? You decide.
7. Wolfsbane – Beam me up, Scotty.
8. Rogue – Guess she was a big fan of the movie Flashdance.
9. Iceman – Hmm. Yeah, those are only boots he’s wearing. What happens when he de-frosts?
10. Shadowcat – Wow. So many colors, it’s like a train wreck. Punky Brewster anyone?
11. Cable – Can’t say much about the majority of his wardrobe, except for this early disaster. Not sure what look he was going for – Homeless man? Explorer? Sasquatch?
12. Cannonball – He also doubled as a cold-climate Evil Knievel apparently.
13. Dazzler – Little known fact that Dazzler actually moonlighted as “Lord of the Dance.”