For my third entry in the 2006 G.I.F.T. Challenge, I read The Christmas Candle, by Max Lucado. This was a touching, short story about faith and miracles. Every quarter of a century an angel visits a candle makerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s family, touching a certain candle and miracles happen.
While very short, this was a great little Christmas story that provides more meaning to the season than the usual stories. Max Lucado remains one of my favorite authors for his style of writing and the depth and insight he gives to everyday life.
And IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been tagged by Nancy/Bookfool for a meme.
The Rules: Each player of this game starts with the Ã¢â‚¬Å“6 weird things about youÃ¢â‚¬Â. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget to leave a comment that says Ã¢â‚¬Å“you are taggedÃ¢â‚¬Â in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
Six Weird Things About Me
1. I alphabetize all my books, movies, and CDÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s nice to always be able to find what IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m looking for when I have such a great number of them. Though I get easily perturbed if I find one out of order.
2. I can watch Christmas movies in July. I love them. DoesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t matter what season it is.
3. I am the pickiest eater. Ever. I give new meaning to the term Ã¢â‚¬Å“high maintenance.Ã¢â‚¬Â
4. I have the moniker Ã¢â‚¬Å“SciFiChickÃ¢â‚¬Â and the domain name. DoesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t get much geekier than that.
5. The first portrait I ever drew was back in 6th grade. I drew it from a tv guide, a picture of Leonard Nemoy as Ã¢â‚¬Å“SpockÃ¢â‚¬Â from Star Trek. Yes, I still have it.
6. For a 29 year-old, I have so many things wrong with me that I feel like IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m falling apart. No, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not a hypochondriac. The most recent diagnosis from yesterday: Gastritis and Hiatal Hernia. At least I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to have another surgery.
I tag anyone who wants to do this one.