If you feel that you suffer from any of these, please consult your local psychiatrist.
1. Sliderepsy – A common chronic neurological disorder that is characterized by recurrent unprovoked interdimensional travel.
2. Holomania – An obsessive-compulsive disorder involving an addiction to the holodeck where social relations or health are damaged.
3. Beamaholic – A person who is addicted to getting their molecules rearranged.
4. Warpirium – An acute and relatively sudden decline in attention-focus, perception, and cognition when traveling faster than the speed of light.
5. Vacuuphobia – A fear of being sucked into the vacuum of space.
6. Forcebitionist – The psychological need and pattern of behavior of trying to move objects by mind control. Also has an uncontrollable penchant for waving around lightsabers.
7. Nanopresis – Involuntary loss of certain motor abilities due to dependence on nanites.
8. Folie ÃƒÂ clone – A rare psychiatric syndrome in which a symptom of psychosis (particularly a paranoid or delusional belief) is transmitted from one individual to his or her clone.
9. Echowookalia – The repetition of Wookiee vocalizations made by another person.
10. Mutantisphobia – A fear of developing super human abilities and/or abnormal characterstics (such as growing an extra limb or the epidermis altering to a blue hue).
11. Goa’uldthropy – A mental disorder where the victim believes he or she is a god and/or infected with a mind-controlling parasite.
12. Orionatic – An person obsessed with green aliens to the point of imitation. (Also a person who regularly paints their skin green and dresses as an Orion slave.)
13. Redshirtitis – An almost always fatal disease. The patient can die in any number of ways and usually on away missions.
20 thoughts on “13 SciFi Mental Illnesses”
Bless you for telling me about these fatal diseases! You must come impart this knowledge at our meeting on Friday.
Come checkout Sci-fi chick on http://www.gabriellahewitt.com every friday in October for Sci-fi Octoberfest
Thanks, Gabriella.. will do! 🙂
ROFL!! These are awesome! I definately have Forcebitionist and I hope I never suffer from Redshirtitis. Fantastic list. 😀
This one is too funny. Vacuuphobia sounds like a real fear to me!
I’m going to have to bookmark this post–it’s a valuable reference tool when you live in a household of sf/f fans.
Still cracking up–these are priceless!
HAHAHA!!! Love this T13!
Hehe! Awesome. I think I’d have trouble with #5 if I lived on a spaceship or space station. But if I ever catch #13, just shoot me! It’s probably better than the alternative…
Echowookalia. Yup. I can’t help it!
I love redshirtitis!
Great list. My son and I suffer from 6. I hope I never experience 12.
Oh… this is great. So Great! LOL! Love the last one. So true, so true.
*giggling uncontrolibly, can’t type*
Forcebitionist — especially when the dog wants out and I’m ensconced with my laptop. These are great!
This had me laughing away. How about ‘Gateaphobia’…the fear of being sucked from planet to planet via a wormhole?…or is that close to #5?
Definately in my ‘Quality Post’ list.
ROFL!!! Many have succumbed to #13, we need to pray for those suckers! LOL! Awesome list!
*chuckle* – good ones, Angela – have a look here for what I wrote about #2 and #13 a few days ago.
What about “robophobia” from Dr. Who. You subconsciously imitate the body language of robots, who don’t have any. This, of course, turns you into a psychopathic killer.
This is pure gold! I do have a problem with being a Forcebitionist – or is it that, when I put out my hand and stare intensely at an object, my husband simply takes pity and passes it over to me…?
These are great! I am pretty sure that I suffer from one or more of these horrible afflictions.
Comments are closed.