I’ve shared 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Star Wars , 13 Things I’ve Learned from Watching Battlestar Galactica, and 13 Things I Learned From Watching Quantum Leap in the past. Here are 13 Things I Learned From Watching Star Trek:
1. No one stays dead forever. Unfortunately.
2. Don’t ever wear a red shirt on an away mission.
3. Tribbles are the perfect pet. No head, no rear end, and no waste. Low maintenance. That’s my kind of pet.
4. Got too many tribbles? Stop feeding them. Or just toss them out the nearest air vent. (Works for other pets too. Trust me. There is no PETA in the future.)
5. No budget for weapons? No problem. Just glue together a tiny plunger to some metal boxes.
6. They had to recycle all those unused garage door openers somehow. Mine only works within 10 feet of my house, but somehow their communicators work out in orbit.
7. The Romulan Commander looks an awful lot like Spock’s dad, Sarek. They went to the trouble of giving him Romulan/Vulcan make-up, but they couldn’t disguise him at all?
8. Why is everyone staring at Spock? Well, have you seen the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins?
9. The appearance of a giant space amoeba is only slightly more intimidating than a Tholian web. And by “intimidating,” I mean “ridiculous looking.”
10. Got a hot date? This may not be the best way to impress her.
11. Some fake ears and straight eyebrows are a great disguise. No one will notice you. Bet you can’t tell that that’s really Kirk underneath that disguise.
12. Right after fighting, Kirk and the Gorn resolve their differences and embrace to show there are no hard feelings.
13. Kirk got around more than the Enterprise did.