My choices to review will be:
1. Santa Claus 3: The Escape Clause
2. The Holiday
3. The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado
4. Christmas Letters by Bret Nicholaus
And probably a few othersÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
And on the subject of Christmas, quite a few blogs have been doing a Christmas Tag. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s been fun to read everyoneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s answers.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both, though a little Egg Nog goes a long way.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
His elves wrap them. He knows how to delegate.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. Looks much classier.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I would, but thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s no point this year. Unless I meet someone pretty fast!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. Though this year I was in Atlanta, so I decorated the weekend before.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My family has a tradition of having duck on Christmas Eve. I absolutely love duck!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
One Thanksgiving or Christmas (I forget which), the entire side of momÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s family came over, and they decided since we only got to see each other once a year, to celebrate every holiday in one weekend. From Halloween to birthdays, we had a blast! IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll never forget all the fun we had.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t recall that I ever actually believed that he was real. We always play along though.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open most of our gifts on Christmas Eve now. We only leave our stockings to open on Christmas morning. My mother is actually the one who pushed for this one!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Everything is blue and silver. It matches the colors in my house better than red and green, and I wanted it to look a bit different than traditional.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it. I only love it on Christmas. I hate cold weather.
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope. Never really tried. I hate cold weather.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift was actually left by the tooth fairy. It was this thing with changeable plates to design different outfits by rubbing over them and decorating. It was Barbie brand, if I remember correctly. I guess I loved being creative at an early age. Maybe I should have gone into clothing designÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
14. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Remembering the first Christmas and the greatest gift of all, Jesus.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip. No contest. I could probably sit and eat an entire one if someone would let me.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
See number 6.
17. What tops your tree?
A star that resembles a snowflake.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving, though itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s getting harder and harder to buy for my parents!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I have so many! White Christmas, Winter Wonderland, O Holy Night, Away In A Manger, Angels We Have Heard on HighÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ I could listen to Christmas music all year-long.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum!.. but only the peppermint ones.. none of that weird flavored stuff.